“Bullying. We’re Kicking it” anti-bullying campaign! | bullying... we're kicking it
This weekend I had the pleasure of lending my musical talents to an outstanding charity. “Bullying, We’re kicking it” is a charity that is focused on bullying and the damage that it does to young people and old alike. Organized and spearheaded by Gina Marie, the organization is making waves in a good way!
This charity event took place in Middletown, New Jersey and featured some very notable talent! These are all individuals that also believe in and came from all parts of the globe in order to support this cause. I think it is safe to say that most people at some point or another have been the victims of bullying. I know that growing up I received lots of that, apparently so did many of the star studded event performers and guests.
Beverly McClellan, currently one of my favorite acts told us that she was bullied growing up. She did however emphasize “was” as she stated NOT ANYMORE! She performed several of her songs, one that is properly entitled “I can’t hide me” says “I can’t hide me, and I don’t want to anyway!” Perfect message for an event like this!
There is something to be said about a person that is relatively popular, with a nice degree of fame, that stays cool as a person. That can’t apply to a person more that it would to James Massone! This dude gave a shout out to all the indie artists, and when I walked past him he greeted me and shook my hand. He was just an overall cool dude. I respect that about him immensely.
This event was a great delight, not only did I get to meet and watch these amazing performers do their thing, but I was able to be part of an event that helps children combat bullying. Just today I read about a 9 year old boy that committed suicide because he was being bullied at a school in England. 9 years old, how does a 9 year old even know how to commit suicide? The whole concept is completely heartbreaking. Obviously I want those responsible on all levels to be punished, but this post is not about punishment, this post is about exacting change and that’s what we are trying to do with this organization. Many thanks for Gina Marie. The organization requires your help, donations are always welcomed and extremely helpful! To get involved please visit their website at werekickinit.org.
Latest posts by Angel Rodriguez (see all)
- Seeing eye dog abuse? - December 12, 2013
- Cheese Shops in New York City! | best cheese in nyc - December 7, 2013
- Beautiful orchestral flash mob moves me to tears! | sabadell flashmob - December 7, 2013
- Obama campaign playing very dirty! I just watched the Obama ad where a man by...
- PSY anti-American statements? “Heyyyyyyy sexy lady, op, op, oppa Gangnam style… And kill...
- Business Review – Voca People This show was amazing. I went here with my wife,...
- American-Rattlesnake’s Gerard Perry on music today! It’s often said that art appreciation is wholly subjective. Aesthetic...
- Why I don’t believe Obama should be “Time – Person of the year”. Before any of you race baiters come out and start...