Let’s make some Miso soup!
I came across this video that inspired me to make my own Miso soup from scratch. It’s a vegetarian dish, tasty & very healthy for you. Most important, it’s very easy to make, even for beginners in cooking! As any of you with Asian friends know, soup is very important to Asians. It has a lot of nutrients that provide health benefits and it gives you a feeling of fullness that assists in preventing overeating. You can buy these ingredients in any Japanese super market. Enjoy your miso soup.
Ready in 10 minutes! Remember, you don’t want to boil the miso paste — add it at the end with the heat off to avoid a gritty texture.
4 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons instant dashi granules
1/2 cup miso paste
1 tablespoon dried seaweed (for miso soup), soaked in water
1/2 cup cubed tofu
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1. Pour the water into a pot and bring to a boil. Add the instant dashi and whisk to dissolve. Turn the heat to medium-low and add the tofu. Drain the seaweed and add the seaweed to the pot. Simmer for 2 minutes.
2. In the meatime, Spoon the miso paste into a bowl. Ladle about 1/2 cup of the hot dashi broth into a bowl and whisk with chopsticks or a whisk to mix and melt the miso paste so that it becomes a smooth mixture.
3. Turn the heat off, add the miso paste to the pot and stir well. Top with green onions and serve immediately.
Latest posts by Christine Ngai (see all)
- Hahm Ji Bach - April 25, 2013
- Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot | little sheep mongolian hot pot review - April 23, 2013
- Sripraphai Thai Restaurant | sripraphai review - April 16, 2013